Key lime infused avocado with flaxseed, Himalayan salt and fresh black pepper over vegan toast paired with sweet mini peppers.
This is one of my favorite things to make, because it is quick and easy. It is filling enough to be a meal, but light enough to be a snack.
- 1 avocado
- 1 key lime
- 1 piece of vegan bread
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed (whole and ground)
- 3 mini peppers
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
WHAT TO DO FIRST - PREPARATION:
- Cut avocado in half and spoon out inside of avocado into a bowl. Discard skin and pit. (Did you know you can grow an avocado plant from the pit? Click here to find out how.)
- Cut the mini peppers long ways twice and remove the seeds. Set aside 6 pieces and the other 3 pieces you will cut into smaller pieces.
Cut key lime in half and take out the seeds.
WHAT TO DO SECOND - MIXTURE:
- Begin toast in your bread.
- Squeeze key lime juice over the avocado in the bowl.
- Add ground flaxseed. (Why ground flaxseed?)
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Take a fork and smash the avocado infusing all the ingredients together.
WHAT TO DO THIRD - COMBINE:
- Spoon the avocado mixture onto the toast.
- Place the six bigger pieces of mini peppers on top of the avocado like sunrays (see pic).
- Pile the little pieces of cut up mini peppers in the middle (middle of sun).
- Sprinkle the top all over with whole flaxseed.
- Enjoy this refreshing Key West delight!