Mostly Vegan, My Rules

Plant-Based, Vegan -

Mostly Vegan, My Rules

The beginnings of my Vegan Journey...

2018:  People ask me if I’m vegan, I politely reply that I'm “mostly vegan, my rules” meaning I eat plant-based 95% of the time. The other 5% I eat seafood on those rare occasion and I have such a love for desserts, so occasionally, dairy.

In my research, I have discovered so many labels:

  • Vegetarian
  • Pollo-Vegetarian
  • Pesco-Vegetarian
  • Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian
  • Lacto-Vegetarian
  • Ovo-Vegetarian
  • Vegan
  • Macrobiotic
  • Fruitarian
  • Raw Or Living Food Diet

(Source and definitions of each of the above:

And did you know there is even one called Flexitarian?

So I tried to squeeze myself into one of those labels and no matter how hard I tried, I could not find one that fit. 

For me, I wanted to be healthier and lower my levels and I knew that eating more vegetables and fruits would help get me there. In addition, I’ve always been an animal advocate and I am highly aware of the cruelty that goes on behind closed doors to meet high consumer demands. I also have watched documentaries that reveal to me all of these things. Here are a few good ones:

  1. “Fork Over Knives”
  2. “Plant-nation”
  3. “What the Health”

So yes, “mostly vegan, my rules” - for example, my favorite all time is Lobster Bisque so if I’m in some fancy-schmancy restaurant  and that is their specialty?  I absolutely will indulge! I also love macaroni and cheese, my ultimate comfort food – along with mashed potatoes! And then there’s those amazing cupcakes that seem to entice me…so if one comes my way, I will eat it, period.

And yah, this happens - my office brings in birthday treats and these were the cupcakes for my birthday month.

Remember, our path to nourishment no matter what path we choose, is our choice...and our rules. Just remember that in all that you do, always listen to what your body tells you. Through physical signs or how you are feeling after you eat something, your body will literally tell you...and most importantly, love what you eat. There's nothing worse than eating something just because it's suppose to be good for you but it doesn't taste good to you...So always do you and don’t allow yourself to be labeled.

Back to Blog Index


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published